Sunday 4 May 2014

3 Product - Homemade Soaps / Dhanwanti Hair Oil / Face Packs

Today's post is about three product that I picked up from Kerala. Home-made Soaps, Ayurveda Hair Oil and Face Packs. There were variety of homemade soaps and face packs made from natural ingredients.


Natural Home-made Soaps



When I first saw the packaging of these soaps,  was curious to know what's in there, Very different, authentic, creative and eye catching.  Variety of range to choose from, to name few... Aloe Vera, Lavender, Jasmine, Sandalwood and Kasthoori Turmeric.

I thought it would be good to try these soaps hence picked up Jasmine, Sandalwood and Kasthoori Turmeric. While in Kerala, had used Jasmine  soap and quiet liked the fragrance so picked up four more.   Kasthoori Turmeric does not have an appealing fragrance but I am sure it will be good for skin. After finishing almost three soaps in a row, observed,  that it makes the skin little dry. Being summers, its fine for me as I cover it up by applying generous amount of moisturizer to keep my skin nourished.

Price : Rs. 60/-

SP Rating : 3/5

Dhanwanti Ayurveda Hair Oil



In Munnar, thought of pampering myself and booked a Ayurveda Abhyanga Massage. The massage was quiet average but while leaving from the spa,  spotted Dhanwanti Hair Oil which was kept on the display rack. On inquiring the lady out there informed,  its a very good Ayurveda Hair Oil which helps in preventing hair fall and dandruff.  So I picked up one bottle & thought to give it a try.

It has got a strong kadu smell and has to be applied 20 min prior to bath and then wash it with your regular shampoo. The consistency is thick hence it will take little more efforts than your regular wash to remove the oil from the hair. So far I haven't noticed much of a difference in my hair fall but then its too early to conclude. Been using this oil once a week. I will wait and watch for a month or so before coming to a conclusion.

Price : Rs. 260/-

SP Rating : 3/5

Face Pack 


Variety of range, made me really confused which ones to go for, finally zeroed down to Red Sandalwood, Saffron and Sandalwood. Apart from the ones that I bought, there were Aloe Vera gel, Watermelon gel and so on. Suitable for all skin types.

Lets take a look at the benefit of these face packs

Red Sandalwood : Works great to maintain that youthful look by preventing wrinkles and signs of aging.
Safrron : For a radiant and fair complexion
Sandalwood : It clean pores, removes acne spots and blemishes

SP Rating : 4/5

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this informative post. So next time when you visit Kerala, you know what to pick up right !

I will see you soon with another post till then have a great day ahead.




7 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Its fun to experiment with such new, unique and homemade products.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like that the soap packaging looks like clam shells!
    I don't like the smell of turmeric in general (except in food, then I love it), but it's a really good ingredient for brightening up the skin, preventing scars from getting dark, etc. Whenever I fell and hurt myself as a kid, my grandma would rub fresh turmeric on the healing wound every day, so my scar would either be very light or practically invisible. It's amazing! :-)
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the packaging of the soap is made of Banana tree bark, its just a guess not sure. Turmeric Kasthoori soap just picked up one, to see how it fares. Turmeric is really good for healing wounds and also helps in stopping the blood from the wound, old age remedy from grandmothers time :))

      Delete
  3. Hi...I've used these products n it really works......could u pls guide me Hw to order these as d stock I got from munnar is finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can order this from any online website. You got to visit Munnar to get this products :))

      Delete
  4. Hi...could u pls guide me Hw to order them...face packs n soaps

    ReplyDelete