Thursday 28 August 2014

Not Without My Daughter

My colleague Susan gifted me the book " NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER" by Betty Al Mahmoudi with William Hoffer.  

Like reading books which keeps you interested and engaged till the end. A very good book which is hard to keep down qualifies for the best read. 

True story on the harrowing life of Betty Al Mahmoudi in Iran and her escape plan with  five year old daughter Mahtob,  from Iran to America makes it an interesting read.

This book throws a light on the cultural differences in both the countries around that period of time. I am sure there will be lot changes in the present Iran.




Its a story of a women, her fear, pain struggle and above all her bond of love with her daughter makes it worth reading.

SP Rating : 4/5 

Final Verdict

Curiosity would not let you put this book down. Captivating and engaging makes it worth reading. Leaves a lasting impression,   makes you think even after you have finished reading  the book.



Enjoying the beautiful nature of Goa. Its been raining here non-stop, since past two days . The fields around has been filled with water.....to me its a rare sight :)) 

Will miss this serene nature ,peace and fresh air. Hopefully !  should be back in  Mumbai by Sunday.

Thats all from my end..... you guys have lovely weekend ahead  !

8 comments :

  1. Hi Zahira, hope you are doing good!!
    I am so sorry I somehow forgot to follow! I'm following you now on gfc, google+ and facebook! :)

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charu, I am good enjoying goa :)).... Hey sweetheart that's alright.. I keep dropping in your space as and when I get time.

      Sure hun will be in touch.

      Delete
  2. A real intriguing read.....Sends shivers down the spine to even imagine such things exist.....and it the end at her escape I went " Yippieee..she did it".... A truly amazing one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Geetanjali... just think this has happened to some one, makes me think what helpless state. I was glued and intrigued what was the end of this book. Even after I was done with the book I kept thinking what Betty went through. Amazing read. Hats off to Betty

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is interesting read Fiona, specially when you know its based on true story.

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow! I remember watching this movie on TV (starring Sally Fields, I believe) when I was a little kid. I didn't know that it was based on a true story until years later, when I read this book in junior high.

    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to catch up on the movie... now since I have read the book, would make it more interesting to watch the movie.

      Delete