Saturday 23 August 2014

The Four Fountains De-Stress Spa - Feel Relaxed and Rejuvenated


After coming back from Kodai, my life has been on a fast track.  Currently in Goa,  to overlook the wedding preparation of my sister which is going to take place in October. Wanted to share the experience,  with all my readers about The Four Fountains De-Stress Spa in Mumbai which I recently visited, just before my travel to Goa.  



Received an invitation from The Four Fountains De-Stress Spa to visit one of their branches and have a complimentary Spa session of my choice. So this seems to be an extended pampering after a wonderful trip to Kodai :)

Gone are those days where spa’s were considered to be a luxury.  In today’s time where we live a stressful life and full of pollution around us, it has become a necessity that we pamper ourselves to keep us energised to face any new challenges that we come across and take wise decisions.


My review about the spa is a genuine and honest one without any influence.  Was given a free choice about writing this post that is……. if at all,  I feel the spa worthy.

Totally a spa person,  have tried many around the city.  It became easier for me to review The Four Fountains De-Stress Spa to compare with the ones that I have already experienced. Opted for Malad West branch since that was closer to my home. 

To start with … let’s go step by step.

Branches : The Four Fountains De-stress Spa is located in four locations in Mumbai. Bandra West, Malad West, Powai and Goregaon East. Vile Parle Branch is going to open very soon.  Spread out in six cities, they have branches in Delhi, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Kolkatta, Pune and Mumbai.

Décor: Dimly lit, soft music playing in the background and the fragrance of lemongrass has a soothing and calming effect on your body even before you start on with the therapy. The corridors were well decorated,  there were Buddha idol placed at various points. Each of the room was given names  like..... Life, Verve, Solace and so on, which is kind of nice and makes you feel inquisitive.



Few thoughtful things included in the decor were door handles, they massage the pressure points on the palm of your hand to release pent-up stress. The backrest at the reception seating area has been specially handcrafted using wooden beads to massage your back.




Minor disappointment was water dripping from AC in the sitting area.   Maybe this was one off as we all face such kind of problems with our electronics but being a SPA,  these things should be attended immediately. Another disappointment was few creaking floors in the corridor which were disturbing the peaceful environment around.





Staff: This I consider is the biggest differentiating factor amongst various SPA’s.  The Four Fountain staffs take the lead here, they were very helpful and courteous. I received a call from them confirming my appointment at 3.00 pm. The staff at the reception was very welcoming and professional in dealing with their clients. The Manager named Karan was very cooperative in showing me the place around so that I could take few pictures for the blog post. While choosing which therapy to go for they answered all my questions patiently. I observed,  they did update their old customers about what was new and so yes, thumbs up to the staff etiquettes.

Doctor:  One thing which I really appreciate was the in-house doctor. Most of the spa’s around don’t keep one, there are very few who have in- house doctors. Was asked to fill out a form,  after which the doctor asked me few health related questions. Once done with my therapy,  she explained me few exercise and gave me a cream to be applied on my forehead and feet which would help me in having a better sound sleep.
 


Therapist: After going through their well explained therapy options, I choose to go with Vinotherapy which is more on the line of Aroma therapy but with different techniques. Came across this therapy for the first time hence thought it would be worth a try.



My therapist Salima, was very polite and soft spoken. As soon as we entered the Spa room, I was given the change of clothes and explained the spa therapy. She was thoughtful enough in asking me if I was comfortable with the room temperature, while starting on with the therapy she checked, if the pressure was right enough for me.  She seems to be well trained and knew her job and clients requirement very well.  Trust me...... how much ever a good ambience spa has,  but if you don’t get a good therapist then the whole point is defeated.  I had a very sound sleep that night and all thanks to Salima :)


SP Rating: 4 /5

Final Verdict

Overall as compared to the other Spa the ambience was good but not the best. Was quiet impressed with the whole session and the techniques used were quiet unique and effective. Have found that some SPA’s have many therapies but all seem to be the same.  However,  here I found that the techniques were unique and I was impressed with the results.  Truly relaxed and refreshed. 

The therapies are decently priced as compared to the few of the other spa’s that I have visited. Leaving few minor décor disappointments the complete session was very nice and relaxing. Would highly recommend The Four Fountains De-stress Spa in Mumbai , worth a try !!!



Taking some nice pictures of the spa becomes little difficult as the ambeince is dimly lit. These were the best shots I could manage to get.

Thats all from my end, you guys take care and have a rocking weekend ahead.


8 comments :

  1. Wow, this spa looks swanky as heck! (Sorry about the leaky AC and creaky doors, though, lol). I don't think I've ever been to a spa with an in-house doctor. :-O
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor thing I came across for the first time too. Its thoughtful :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great. I have never been a spa person.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I suggest, you visit one good spa and experience the bliss :))

      Delete
  3. Was thinking for a Spa session but didn't knew which one is best.. This Spa looks impressive.. Will try for sure.. Thanks for the useful information..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dipti.... they do have branches across the city... you can check which one is comfortable for you to visit. They have some very different and unique therapies.

      Delete